Monday, September 29, 2008

it's balik kampung time

hari raya aidilfitri 2008 is on the day after tomorrow!!! ever since i got married to an only son and his father, an arwah already, my first day raya is with my in laws family. the first year, after breakfast, i went to the puchong perdana mosque with my husband and mother in law for the raya prayers in the morning . with the birth of nadia nasira, i don't go to the mosque anymore. we wait at my mother in law's house until my husband comes home from the mosque. we, then, go to the kubur of my arwah father in law to pay respect and offer prayers to him. there will be salam salam session and the giving of duit raya. my duit raya is reserved for buying gold. last year, i gave a gold anklet to my daughter. now, i have a daughter and a son. so, i owe my son and equivelant amount. i think i would get both of them a gold bar for this raya.

the best part of raya is balik kampung. we go back to my hometown where i spend my raya with my family!!! there are so many of them there.... 5 other siblings and their spouse (for the 3 married ones) and their children 8 of them, my parents (my dad is in Sabah), both grandmothers and friends and relatives. it is so meriah!! the thing about blood relations is that the love for each other runs in the bloodstream, unconditional love, total acceptance and total forgiveness. life's circumstances may have changed to many of us but these are the things that are heartfelt and would never change, not only for me but it is an universal truth for everyone... may everyone share the strong bond among family members and spread the love around them.

the other best thing about hari raya is foood..... looking forward to eating, eating and eating my mother in law's and my mother's cooking (my mum's for 5 days, how is that?).

Wishing everyone a safe journey to celebrate the Aidilfitri!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...