Friday, December 26, 2008

azim's wedding

we made a trip to penang, muhammad nashwan nasr's first trip to his daddy's hometown, to attend my husband's cousin, azim's wedding reception on 30th november 2008. it is my mother in law's youngest brother's son's wedding. the first wedding in her family after my wedding. my mother in law went back much earlier to attend the nikah ceremony. we stayed at my mum's the night before and left to penang early that morning. we had a good time at the wedding. my mother in law introduced me to so many of her relatives. i remember the attekarawnge (vaguely remember their history related to me by my mother in law) and mami chombi & her children, who is her mum's stepbrother's wife.
before we returned from penang, we stopped over at azahari machan and jawhar machi (both are my second cousins) house. azahari machan is my grandmother's elder brother's grandson (bowji mami's son) while jawhar machi is my grandmother's sister's grand daughter (raub mama's daughter). they have got 4 children; 2 teenagers, 1 toddler and a baby who is same age as muhammad nashwan nasr. my machan fed us with nasi kandar, idli, roti canai, puri and fruits. he literally fed and fed us until we couldn't move. we left penang at midnight. it was so sweet of my machi to call me at 2 am to check whether we reached home safely. it was a memorable trip indeed, especially for the nasi kandar part. i must look for the same nasi kandar the next time i go to penang.

the pelamin

makan beradab

me, the first daughter in law and nadia nasira, the first grand daughter of the family
sanding
family photo with the couple

muhammad nashwan nasr and his third cousin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...