Thursday, December 4, 2008

eid 2008

this year, there is an extra member in the family to share the joy of eid. my wonderful son, muhammad nashwan nasr has arrived to further color my life and our family. we celebrated the eid at my mil's house and the next day, we went over to my parents' house in ipoh.

it was a wonderful eid celebration both at my mil’s house and also my parents house. we had the usual eid dishes like lemang, nasi impit, kuah kacang, putu mayam, mutton kurma and chicken rendang which we enjoyed after my husband returned from the mosque after the eid prayers. there was also nasi minyak for lunch. Did I forget? I made cookies this year, 5 types with the help of the maid and considering the fact that me having 2 young children, that is a ‘wow’.

we had bbq session in ipoh. this was the first time we had such an event back home in ipoh and it was really fun to have all 23 of us together. wish my dad who was in sabah at that could have been with us.

after the holidays, my husband went back earlier because he was working that saturday and i stayed back with the children. at the end of the holiday, i drove back to kl with the children and my mother in law who was on her way back from penang.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...