Tuesday, December 30, 2008

a step ahead in career

i applied for two positions which are strategic management and support services in the procurement division in august 2008. i was called to attend an interview session on 23 september 2008. i was so unprepared for it. i asked for some tips from en. anwar ahmad abidin, a friend who recently got promoted to my department. he gave me some motivation and support as well as some tips. he asked me to surf the intranet and read about the procurement division. i managed to read up something and there, i bulldozed through the interview.

one of the questions was why did i apply for a general position i.e. support services being experienced in such specialized area of risk management. my answer was in a nutshell, i want a promotion and i do want to climb up the corporate ladder. the stuff that i had read up earlier was put to use in my attempt to impress the interviewers. maybe i did, i am not sure.

thereafter, i got a call from the hr stating that they found other suitable candidate for the positions that i had applied for. sigh.... AND whether i would be interested in another position i.e. enforcement.... what? that sounds like policeman. i was cool and enquired about the job and as my bosses advised, accept any offer for promotion so that i would not miss on the seniority. i said yes!!!! there were no letter but colleagues from other divisions has been asking me why was i still in ewrm when my name is already in the procurement division's structure. my standard answer was 'there is no letter to the effect' but there was a tinkle in my eyes and joy that cannot be expressed. at least, not yet. one day, i received an email...

From: Rohana A Rahman

Sent: 16 December 2008 12:39
To: Basaria Ahayanutheen
Subject: Congratulation!

Dear Basaria,
Congratulations on your promotion. tqvm

still there was no letter. and on the 19 december 2009 morning, my gm buzzed me and said the letter is here, and there it was, finally, the promotion that i had waited for quite sometime!!!


the journey continues…


looking far into the future....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...