Monday, June 8, 2009

bollywood night

nadia nasira and muhammad nashwan nasr had an eventful night yesterday. their dad's first cousin's wedding reception. we arrived at the reception quite early since we were part of the family. all of my husband's cousins were so dressed up to the bollywood theme and being the first daughter in law of the family, i didn't want to be left out too. furthermore, i needed to preserve the image, ahahhaha. it's a pity my husband was on one of his trips. however, having toodlers, night events are no longer suitable for me. it kind of upset my children's routine though very exciting for them.

my children were the center of attraction for my husband's cousins who do not have small children in their household. someone was always taking away my children. i had to keep asking..... where were my children and would get the same reply.... with so and so.... the names kept changing. i had to keep telling the maid to go get my girl or boy. it was quite a relieve to be at a function and having endless babysitters to tend to your children, though.

it ended quite late, way past my children's bedtime. my son was wide awake, internalising the event but as for my daughter, she has her limits. i could see that she was too sleepy and needed the cue to sleep. when i carried her, she said....mummy, tido kan nadia. my heart went out to her. she slept right away and was not disturbed by the commotion.

i had my moments as well with all the girls. we had so much fun and it was great event. the wedding had some resemblance to my own and it brought back some dear memories.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...