Tuesday, August 4, 2009

recollection...

it has been sometime since i last updated my blog. been quite lazy about it and in addition, there has been a lot of happenings around me. i have not been putting my camera to work as often as i should.

what slowed me real bad in addition to everything else is that i have picked up this habit of searching for movies on utube and watching it which has been occupying my time. bad!!! bad!!! bad!!!

the chains of events in july 2009
well, we were all quite sad to know that my chinnama, my dad's only brother's wife, were critical with too many things that was going wrong...diabetes, lung infection and kidney failure. the last time i met her in person was in my wedding in 2006 afterwhich she left to india off and on for treatment. the last time i spoke to her was in may 2009 when i was going to invite her to my son's birthday.

she was admitted at the Klang GH. that was two weeks time before my cousin's wedding. i was going to visit her the weekend my mum and my sisters visited her but didn't manage to. the next thing i know, she was in the ICU. that really snapped me into reality....i may never see her again. that night, we drove to Klang GH to visit her but they wouldn't allow any visitors.

i went again the next day for fear that i would never make it in time. i managed to visit her. i knew that she was slowly slipping away. so many equipments were attached to her body. i spoke to her... her hands moved. i could see tears trickling down her eyes. oh my God, i am sure she could hear me. i spoke to her more and said a silent prayer for her before i left with a heavy heart. the thought that i might never see her again crunched my heart each time i think of her.

it was my cousin's wedding that weekend. what an ironic situation for my cousin...the one person you would want at your wedding was not there with you on the most important day of your life but fighting for her life in the ICU. in my experience, the mother and daughter relationship takes a new turn on your wedding day. it was quite sad for everyone who were there at the wedding. my chinnatta cried all the time. thank heavens for the many close knit extended families we have who took care of everything as they would for their own daughters or siblings. my mum told everyone not to cry and upset the bride but after the couple walk down the aisle during the reception, she hid her face and had a good cry.

two days later, my chinnama got better and out of the ICU. we were so glad to hear that and i told my husband that we should visit her soon. the next thing i know, i received a call from my chinnata at about 5 something in the morning....before he said anything, i knew it. my chinnama had passed away exactly a week after her daughter's wedding. God kept her alive until after the wedding...long enough for her to see her newly wedded daughter. it was what everyone prayed for....

may Allah rest her soul in peace.... may all her bitterness in life fade away and may she had forgiven everyone who had done her wrong in her lifetime. i will always remember my childhood days in Banting with my chinnata's family...

may she have found the peace she never had in this life. Al-fathihah....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...