Wednesday, September 1, 2010

advanced eid celebration

i'm 34 weeks and during my last ante-natal check up, the doctor said that the baby is already engaged...

most likely, i wouldn't be able to travel back to my hometown for the eid celebration i so look forward to. i'd be 36 weeks then! i so wanted my mum's nasi minyak, dalca and mutton dishes! last weekend, we went back to my mum's and had a feast of nasi minyak, dalca and mutton dishes and still hoping to go back should there be no contractions. we decided to play it by the ear....

my trip brought me down the memory lane...we, brothers and sisters used to wake up for sahur those days... my sisters would heat the dishes and we all sat at the dining table, quickly ate our sahur so that we can go back to sleep... the early days in ramadhan, we sat around my eldest sister after eating to read the niat since we would all have forgotten what we read the last year. one of my fondest memories during ramadhan is having sahur together with my maternal grandmother. she is ancient but yet going strong fasting until this ramadhan.

oh yes, my mum also made some muruku for me to bring back with me... those days, we will have kala mami or one of the indian neighbours come over to help my mum with the dough while we the sisters and brothers will form the muruku... i only love my mother's muruku... the taste remains the same till today...

now, i need to complete the advanced eid celebration with lemang and rendang as well as my MIL's mutton kurma before i go into confinement....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...