Tuesday, April 5, 2011

home remedies for cough and cold

i am tired of treating my children for cough and cold all through the year, more so with them going to school. i think i have found the ultimate remedies... my grandmother and my mum had practiced this on my children and apparently, it worked.

combination of tulsi, betel and karpuravalli juices acts as expectorant and helps to break down solidified phlegm and expel it. how much of each? depending on age. for my children, my mum said.... use a handful of tulsi, 1 betel and 4 huge karpuravalli. if they are younger, reduce by proportion.

you can grow these plants at home in sizable pots but they grow healthier on land. my old neighbour who supplies these leaves to me has the plants at home.

let's bid farewell to cough and cold the grandmother's way...



1 comment:

  1. Hello Greeneyes, you have been doing a great thing for your children. By posting your articles you will let them follow what beliefs you had in your life. I thank you for sharing the remedies for cough and cold.

    Regards,
    Mantis Hugo
    My Blog - Healing Powers of Noni Juice

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...