Friday, July 1, 2011

ancient pictures

i have always been interested in ancient photographs.... the more ancient it is the better... the ancient photographs are the reflection of our origins and therefore, an intergral part of our being!

my mother knew how much i value those pictures and therefore, she had requested from my aunts and uncles to collect them from my grandparents' house in india. my parents also had kept some. my mother had kept them safe until i found them... much to my delight, those were my grandparents passports and photographs... here are some of the ancient photographs that i treasure..... some of the photographs are more than half a century old.... i re-engineered some of the photographs for better effects....

these are my grandparents from my dad's side. they are Allahyarham APM Yahaya and MPO Samuna Beevi. you may be wondering what does the alphabets stands for. they that the intitials of the father, grandfather and great grandfather. this is how is the lineage of my family... from the earliest know initial to the latest is APMYAB Burhanuddin and APMYAK Ahmad Farhan. that is Adam, Pitchey Ghani, Mohamed Eusof, Yahaya, Ahayanutheen, Badaruddin and Burhanuddin. similarly my other brother's ends with Kamaludeen and Ahmad Farhan. this shows we are currently at the 7th generation.

this is the only grandfather i knew. he made our growing up years so wonderful with his presence. he loved his daughter in law very much and therefore made us all help her out. every eid, he came to celebrate with us and brings with him lots of fire-crackers. when i was little, i played pranks on him. one day, he was having his nap and i made my brother sit on his tummy when he was sleeping. he had such a big tummy that would rise and fall everytime he snored. he woke up with a fright and we all got our share for doing that. my grandmother only came into our lives when we were grown ups as she was living in india and therefore, there wasn't much of childhood memories.



these are my grandparents from my mother's side. they are Allahyarham MPO Mohd Sultan and Seithoon Beevi. when i was born, my grandfather performed all religious obligations for a newborn and the same year, he passed away when he woke up one day to pray subuh. my grandmother is my favourite. when i was growing up, she was what a grandmother should be to her granddaughter. even though i always fight with her and chide her and laugh at her, she is the best grandma one should have. she constantly thinks and worries over all her loved ones and is such a selfless woman. i know she loved me the best but now she fusses over all her great grandchildren..








the young lady in pic 1 and the young man in pic 2 are brother and sister... just realised that we got our colored eyes from our great grandfather. i wonder what is his origin as our eyes were gray when we were born, changed to blue and bluish green and green, greesish brown as it is now....

the young man in pic 3 is their dad.... Allahyarham MP Othuman. one of my great grandfathers...this is my grandmother Ms. Samuna in her prime days.... look for the traces of me or my mother in her?i love this... my dad, chinnata and my grandparents... i think my daddy is such a handsome man... i think my grandfather has traces of malay features that could explain why my son looks malay. i do see traces of chinnata in my son too.

my grandparents in front of their house in india. this is a house that is close to a cetury old ....and the other young lady is my grandmother's sister

this is my grandmother Ms. Seithoon in her prime days... the sweet little girl is my mummy, the boys are her cousins... i think my mom is so comel. i do look like her and this pic is my favourite too...

the passports... apparently, both my grandfathers held malaysian pasports i.e. malaysian citizens...


my grandmother who is a wife of a malaysian holds an indian passport....
their signatures... feel so blessed to be able to see their handwritings....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...