Thursday, September 13, 2012

al fatihah

it was midnight 16 July 2012 that i received a phone call to say my paternal grandmother appears to be in a nazak condition. apparently she was all fine earlier in the evening.  there was a thunder and so my dad went to check on her. he found her collapsed on her bed.  my mum came to her side and cleaned her up.  she saw some tears in her eyes.  my mum heard the deep sound in her throat.... the sound that indicates a person is going through sakaratul maut.  it was only more than a month earlier did i tell my father that i felt it was her time already so be kind to her and send her off properly. i was waiting for my husband to arrive in the morning so that i could visit her even if it was a day trip.

i made some phone calls to check on her condition and something told me that she will breath her last.  so i called my mother and told her to move my grandmother out of that gloomy room (since she refused to even open the windows) as i dont want her to breath her last in there. 

it was not long after that did i receive another call to inform me that she has bid her farewell.... we managed to be there at the funeral to pay her last respects... i was amazed at how young and beautiful she looked. maybe, the worldly burden had been lifted off her....

i hope that she rests in peace.  i pray that God forgive all her sins and accept all her good deeds and may her resting place be gardens of paradise... goodbye attams as i call her, my attama...till we meet again. 

almost a century old....


her blessings upon me....

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...