Friday, October 5, 2012

first day eid ul fitri 2012

this eid is a special one as we had a new member in the family following my sister in law's wedding...

we came to mil's on the eid morning, left the lil one who was sleeping and went for the eid prayers.  after many years of having babies and lil ones, i could go to the mosque this year as the children are much bigger. 

i wanted the children to grow up following these rituals so that as far back as they can remember, it was a practice.  internalising may take time however, putting into practice for them to know that is the way of life was more important for me.. they may take their time iternalising it.

here are our eid photographs....

i cooked the chicken rendang and kuah kacang as well as the coconut custard, a must have tradition on eid morning at my mother's. my mil cooked the rest.. the mutton kurma is the speciality.  my husband insisted that his mum must cook it since i am an inconsistant cook.  despite her health condition, my mil did all her best to prepare the feast.


thank God, i have a princess who enjoys good food and she can eat on her own unlike my sons who are so playful.

this is one of the rituals at home from my husband's side... we wish and appologise for the errs towards the other...


my mil is always emotional this part as there is a lil worry in her heart that it could be her last...
the cute part is that my children gather around and probably wondering why nanni is crying.


the daughter being not married was her biggest worry and alhamdullilah that this year, she celebrates with her son in law.




these are her priceless...

this boy looks cheeky in any occasion...
 
 
everyone's hearthrob...

this is mummy's session...though i would have preferred in private since i was a little shy about this...it is good for the children to observe this...


where are the children? they probably bored by their parents session...


the bro & sis sessions...





with his darlings....

 
 
it is the men thing...

the calm lil angel in my house...
daddy's girl...


the session that makes me feel like i am an adult...had always been a baby at my mums...


my angel when she feels like....

i set a tradition for myself that i would give each of them 1gm of 999 gold on each eid since they were born.... this year, nadia nasira has an additional piece ie a bracelet, as a reward for fasting almost 7 full days despite her age...she was so brilliant, obedient, patient and persevered throughout her fasting... now, what would i give my son when it is his turn...God, it is always easy to deal with girls in every aspect...






the newly weds on their first eid....


the tradition extends to include the uncle first before the aunt....



the cheeky look....





a rare moment....


i thank Allah for blessing me with this colorful representation of what my life is all about...
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...