Thursday, October 11, 2012

Syeikh Mahmoud Khalil Al-Hussary

when i was a little girl, we used to listen to the quran recitation on radio in the month of ramadhan during sahur time....the qari's voice was so soothing in the wee hours of the morning and gives a pristine atmosphere.  i never knew his name. i was in search....

one day, i found a cd given by my friend's dad which contained the qari's recitation.  i listened to it repeatedly all through my three pregnancies and afterwards.  two eids ago, i brought it to my friend's dad and asked him listen to it so that he could identify the name of the qari... he did.  i was so happy.  we came home and i googled.  yes, absolutely correct.

i did not download the recitation since i already had downloaded another qari's recitation.  as time went past, i forgot again.  i was so upset with myself.  all i could remember was his name starts with the alphabet k. 

it wasn't until yesterday when my friend sent me a link of all recitation available did i looked for him again... http://www.mp3quran.net/eng/ was the link.  i thought it was my friend who developed the site but no apparently... the site he developed was www.recite-quran.com

now, with a little help from him to identify the qari whose name started with the alphabet k, i have finally found what i was in search of for many many years....Syeikh Mahmoud Khalil Al-Hussary http://recite-quran.com/index.php?category=1&recitor=khusairi

the beauty of his recitation brings me back to my childhood memories.  i am deeply touched and is at peace listening to his recitation....

thank you baba and thank you my friend...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...