Monday, May 25, 2009

happy 3rd. anniversary

21 may 2009!!! i have been married for three years.... how do you survive being married for 10, 20, 30 years....my god!!!!
it had started off as a pleasant day (i was on a half day leave and we were at my MIL's) until hubby took offence in something i said to someone over the phone... see, see i told you... how do you survive being married for 10, 20, 30 years and still be sane when this guy crawls up the wall over the slightest and silliest things on earth....my god!!!! so, the dinner plan was shoved aside.
i picked up the children and took a long drive home, hoping the children would sleep off.... yes, they did. i love long drives....it takes me the trouble off my mind and keeps me refreshed.
i asked myself.... what is marriage to a lot of people? as soon as i asked the question...i could almost hear the answer... blessings in disguise. i laughed...so true. i reflected on all the blessings bestowed upon me by the almighty god in the three years of marriage... the greatest gifts of all, my two children. i also reflected on all the little little things that my husband has done for me for which i had never said thank you and felt warm towards him. i also remembered all the times when i could have made it to the headlines.... 'angry wife slammed bottle of orange juice on the floor, yet again!!!
and guess what..... the phone rang... an unfriendly voice, he said, 'come back here. let's go out'. i was most obliging and said... 'hmmm'. i wanted to roll on the floor and roar with laughter...if you don't know...that is my husband!!! and his mother must have scolded him!!! happy anniversary, mummy's boy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...