Friday, July 17, 2009

a touching moment....

my dear husband popped up an idea that was so delicious to my ears. he said, 'let's go back to ipoh'. i am ever ready anytime anyday to go back to my hometown. this time, it was special because my father, dearest atta, was coming back from sabah (where he runs a business).

it was a monday... i didn't have any meetings lined up for the entire week...which is a miricle. so, i said, 'let's leave now'. oh well, i wish it was that easy. so, we left the next day midnight. i applied leave for 3 days. we needed to be back by saturday, in time for nadia nasira's class and my husband's trip.

my father's flight was on friday morning...he didn't know we were coming back. we went to pick him up and i could see his smile of happiness when my husband went to greet him and carry his luggage.

everyone were so happy, especially my attama. we had a long chat with my father while having tea. he loves to tell us stories, about everything....himself, polictics, history, family saga, what he did to fight whatever wrong in his eyes, etc. when my father is not happy with anything, he writes to the relevant authority in order to rectify them. e.g. simple things like program arrangement in radio 6 which many of us wouldn't even have noticed didn't slip pass him. so, while he was talking about it, i showed him the father's day posting i wrote for him.

he read it and after a moment of silence, he related to us an incident which took place 30 years ago. something a 5 year old (me) said in 1979 which had inspired him.... it must have hit him hard, so hard that he had tears in his eyes, talking about it 30 years later. i don't remember seeing tears in his eyes, ever....except when he found out that his father had passed away in india.

he is a great man....a man of principle... he has his definition of what is wrong and what isn't. there is no two ways about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...