Monday, April 5, 2010

dhada osman

my children never knew their dhada quadir (my father in law). they (more like my first born) only know dhada latif (with whom both are closest with), dhada osman and dhada hanif. on the 19th march, dhada osman passed away on his way to the mosque to perform the friday prayers. may Allah grant him the rewards of a shahid, amin.

nadia nasira doesn't understand the concept of passing away. so, i explained to her that dhada osman has gone to Allah and we are going to say bye bye to him. nadia nasira kissed his forehead and read surah fathihah for her dhaha osman. it amazed me when i saw her read surah fathihah with such seriousness. it is as if she understood the significance of it.

when she saw her auntie mimi couldn't contain her tears, she asked me why is auntie mimi crying....i explained to her that auntie mimi is sad that her daddy has gone to Allah. this little girl went over to auntie mimi and said that, auntie mimi, don't cry. mummy will bring him back later. she came back to me and told me to bring him back. auntie mimi was so touched by what she heard that she stopped crying and smiled.

i told my little angel...it is ok baby... Allah will take care of dhada osman.

1 comment:

  1. i can remember it very clearly..:( was also cute to see the way she tries to console that she will bring my dad back :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...