Thursday, September 8, 2011

our 2011 eid story 2

we arrived at my hometown about midnight, some 15 minutes after my elder brother and family arrived.  my younger brother and family arrived earlier that afternoon.  my older sister were around from the friday before eid while the rest of my family stays in my hometown.  we spent many days together, as a huge family. mummy was busy in the kitchen all the time whenever we were at home during mealtime.  it was truly a happy eid for all of us.   my children were very excited to meet their playmates.... nasira and my 3 nieces while nashwan and 4 nephews... the two babies boys explored the whole house, going from one hand to another....

many nights, we sat at the dining table like we used to do.... chat and chat the night away.  laughed and laughed like some silly people.  my eldest sister who was in her house missed this so much.  my mother was in the background finishing up her kitchen chores. adds some comments here and there.  i don't think my husband ever saw this about my family.  that dining table in the old run down house kept us together... so much memories....

since everyone was around, we decided to go for a family photography session that i feel was long overdue.  nevertheless, it was quite a task to gather and organise all 28 of us into 14 shots. Alhamdulillah.  i know my dad was happy, his remarks were to mark the date, 1 sept 2011 and the event as historical.

episode on photography session...






at ummamma's home...
bunga api session in ummamma's home.... uncle nasir were entrusted with it.

managing 10 pairs of little hands...
little nazhan with ummatta...
after main the pop pop
waiting for more....


the candles that were used to light the bunga api..

teh tarik session afterwards with all 5 siblings and their offsprings.... this was also historical as our anti social brother agreed to the plan and we were all surprised....


muhammad nashwan nasr going for friday prayers with daddy...


with little ahmad farhan....
ahmad syahmi with muhammad nazhan nasr at my sister's...
my sis with our grandmothers...
me with my grandmothers....
our favourite chendol uncle...


i love this smile... nasira smiling at nashwan who was the photographer....

i wish i had taken more pics but the photography session was enough to capture our togetherness.  i left ipoh with a heavy heart... the same feeling i get whenever i leave my parents home.  i was even more sad to see nadia nasira cry so much when it was time to part with all her cousins.  i understood her craving for a good company and play mates as well as do the things that girls do together. it breaks my heart to see her cry... i love you baby....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...