Monday, August 15, 2011

sisters

it is always a blessing to have sisters...

while my mother was busy mothering my 2 younger brothers, both my sisters pampered me (they had no choice, i guess).  being a daddy's girl and with two older sisters (having to) taking care of me and my needs as well as mummy who oversees everything, i was quite a spoilt little kid.  to my eldest sister, i was her doll.  to my second sister, i was a play mate.  i was basically a lil princess and my sisters were at my call.  those were my younger days.

there were times, we laughed and laughed for no apparent reason.  my play mate and i threw some pranks and be punished for it.  we would tease my no other languageother than tamil  speaking grandmother and giggle all night.  my eldest sister would scold us for all our pranks.

when we all grew up, we were more like friends.  we shared almost everything except for the things that are a big no no that you would only share with friends and get away with it.  we shared clothes but i was too thin that all the hand me downs were too big for me except for a few.  whenever all of us meet during school holidays or semester breaks, we would stay up the whole night listening to each other's stories.  my sisters took turns feeding me my meals even in my uni days.  my sisters bought me lots of stuff.

we shared and shared and shared.... both good times and bad times.  we supported each other, stay by each other, we survived turmoils and now when i look back, it was a journey filled with sharing....

when i think of nadia nasira, sorrow fills my heart.  i wanted her to be my only princess, couldn't share or be shared.  i did speak to khine about it.  i also saw fauzia with her sisters during her dad's tahlil, being together chatting away made me miss my sisters.  when i think of the good times she could have had if she had sisters, i feel sorry to deprive her of it.  when i leave her in this world, i am afraid that she wouldn't have someone to share her sorrow.  i always remind my eldest niece to be there for my princess....

i don't know if i will have another child.  if i do, in the name of Allah and by the grace of Allah, it is to give nadia nasira a little sister.  to share a lifelong friendship that i have been blessed with. 

i miss our togetherness, dear sisters.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...