Tuesday, February 10, 2009

balik awal?

as i was leaving the office just now, someone passed a remark, 'you are also leaving?' i said, 'i have two lil ones waiting at home'. as i was driving, i reflected on that short conversation. i spent about 7 long years working and working and working....married to work. very little life other than just work, late nights and even on the weekends.... hahhahaha but that little life that i had was really happening, though.

now that i am a mother of two, i leave at sharp 5.15 pm before the jam beat me to it. the image of my eagerly waiting children makes me wanna zig zag on the road so that i could reach home in no time. thanks to TNB and the Union for revising the working hours i.e. 8.00 am to 5.15 pm. and thank god for the promotion. my new office is only a stone's throw from the NPE highway which enables me reach home before 6 pm.

man, im so glad to be home!!! to hold my little blessings in my arms and endure the sweet pain of motherhood...

a sudden thought came to my mind....why do malaysians twitch their mouth when a fellow colleague were to leave for home on time (though it is called 'balik awal')? i used to be one of those malaysians too. failed to realise that they are not going home early, they are going home when they are supposed to. it is in their employment contracts. why are those staying back till late are applauded and considered to be hard working employees? that is what many thought of me in that 7 years. many must have been deceived. i think it is all a total misconception. the world has changed for the better in that sense. working hard is no longer appreciated but working smart to produce results is.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...